REDEEMED2REPEAT IS HOSTING AN INFORMATIVE SEMINAR ON PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION
January 24th from 4:00-5:00PM
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, drug related deaths in adults over 55 years old increased annually from 94 in 2003 to 351 in 2013.
In response to the statewide prescription misuse and abuse initiative, AZ HIDTA, and Mercy Maricopa, The Area Agency on Aging, Region One, developed an education presentation to address the medication misuse that is happening in our older adult populations in Arizona.
The goal of this presentation is to help older adults to understand why this is an important issue that they need to pay attention to, and teaches tools to help individuals to avoid medication misuse and abuse.
• Definitions and consequences of Rx misuse and abuse
• How to talk to your doctor and pharmacist
• How to talk to your doctor about pain
• Realistic pain management expectations
• When you can’t afford your medication
• Safe storage and disposal of prescription medications
• Tips and ideas
Please join us. Invite a friend!
Resources | Refreshments | Giveaways
Cottonwood Phoenix Room
located at 25630 S. Brentwood Dr. | Room A-9
Please RSVP to Melanie with your name by calling 480 744-1544 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org